donderdag 17 december 2009

Daddy, skip the pony... I want a 2.55.



For years, I've always been holding on to the same principle: "If you can't afford the real one, don't buy a fake."


Yes, the Chanel 2.55 has been on my mind for long. Maybe, I should stop thinking about a winning lottery ticket, and actually start saving money, it would probably go a lot faster.


Of course, the one I admire is pretty expensive, and prices keep on going higher and higher since everybody is longing for one.


It was Karl Lagerfeld who re-made the bag in 2005, exactly as Coco Chanel had made it, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 2.55. The name of the bag actually refers to the date, the first time it was released: February 1955.


It is known as the Reissue.


The lock is the original one, which is called the Mademoiselle Lock, as Coco never got married.
Lagerfeld introduced the very well known  'CC' lock to the Classic Flap Bag in the 80s.
So everything stayed the same,even the small compartment on the inside of the front flap, where Coco used to hide her love letters, when she was having an affair.


The bag comes in different fabrics, colours, sizes,...
I would love to have a black one , or a cream coloured 2.55.


Note to myself: start saving!


Sugar.

















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten